Epoxy resin crack injection repair – Your best bet to seal a horizontal structural crack
Epoxy is considered the best sealing material to fix horizontal structural cracks in poured foundation walls. Especially when the structural reliability of concrete is in jeopardy. The two component epoxy resin forcibly seals horizontal structural cracks and provides reinforcement to the cracked area to become more robust than the un-cracked area surrounding it.
Benefits and advantages of epoxy crack injection repair:
- Injection with epoxy is highly effective because of its strength and reliability.
- Once injected, the resin bonds the crack permanently stopping the water and any future crack movement.
- The compressive and tensile strength of cured epoxy is more than standard concrete.
- The repair method ensures the homeowners that the voids have been completely sealed.
The cracks you want to fix. The experts you can count on.
- At DryShield, we start with a thorough clean-up of the crack surface using a wire brush.
- After cleaning the surface, we start with the lowest point of the cracked wall which is often four inches of the bottom of the crack. They drill small holes every 6 to 8 inches alternating from side to side hitting the interior of the crack. This is where the surface ports will be fastened.
- Then, they separate the plugs from surface injection ports and insert the epoxy paste into a dual cartridge gun. A mixture of the paste and crevice sealing material (adhesive) is prepared and dispensed into a bowl.
- The mixture is applied to the base of the surface injection ports. The ports are then fastened into the holes and injected with liquid polymer foam from bottom to top with hydraulic pressure. The injected foam expands 20 times its volume after interacting with water to seal off all voids from front to back.
- For horizontal structural cracks, an additional step is taken to provide reinforcement and tensile strength to the cracked area. In this step, cuts are made perpendicular to the crack. Then, epoxy applied carbon fibre strips are installed into the cuts.
This procedure with epoxy requires 2 to 3 hours to cure, flow and seal all parts of even the smallest openings. After the required time, the surface ports are taken out with a hammer.
Seal cracks. The DryShield way.
This is why you trust the experts. We only use the highest quality materials and tools to structurally repair cracks. For cracks on wobbly walls, our experts mark small points with a temporary marker every 6 to 8 inches up the crack instead of drilling holes. The epoxy glued surface ports are then attached to the marked points.
Call the DryShield crack injection experts at 1-800-277-5411 today.
Our qualified technicians can inspect your property thoroughly and offer you a thorough estimation of costs. We understand your needs and can get the job done as quickly as possible.
You can also refer to our online estimate tool for a quick FREE Quote.